Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby



We are going to do things a little differently...just like they did.

What I did't like:

  • The trailer is extremely deceiving.  I went in thinking that we would see her side/his side and that it was a modern day romantic tale.  Not the case.
  • It wasn't until I got home that I found out that there are three versions on this film.  Two were allegedly released last year - Him and Her versions.  What I saw was Them.

  • If you had never seen the trailer and went in cold to see this movie, you will probably think that it was well done, just very depressing.

What I liked:
  • Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy are great.
  • The supporting cast is just as good: Viola Davis, Bill Hader, Nina Arianda, Ciaran Hinds, Isabelle Huppert, Jess Weixler, Ryan Eggold and William Hurt.
  • It's well written, directed and acted.

Grade: B-











No comments:

Post a Comment