Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Hunger Games



What I liked:

  • Great job on casting.  Jennifer Lawrence is terrific.  Watch Winter's Bone to she her breakout role.  
  • Wonderful supporting cast of Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, Lenny Kravitz, Wes Bentley, Donald Sutherland, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Toby Jones, and the almost unrecognizable, Elizabeth Banks.
  • It's an interesting story.
  • Fantastic costumes.  Loved Katniss' red dress and everything that Effie wore.
What I didn't like:
  • If you have not read the book, some things will leave you wondering and you will probably have a lot of questions.
  • The idea that kids are killing kids still bothers me.
  • This is not the film's fault, but I don't agree with the movie rating system and not so sure that this should be PG-13.  Read my post about the rating system for more information.

Grade: B












1 comment: