Friday, July 29, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love.



What I liked:

  • Ryan Gosling was charming.
  • Emma Stone was lovely.
  • Josh Groban!
  • Jonah Bobo was excellent
  • Relative new comer, Analeigh Tipton played her part well.
  • It had some good songs in it.
  • It had a few twists that I didn't see coming.
  • It had some really great moments.
What I didn't like:
  • Where was Emma Stone?  Did she have 15 minutes of screen time?
  • Julianne Moore, Kevin Bacon, and Steve Carell were just ok.
  • Could have used more of Marisa Tomei.
  • What was with the weird music that played every time Gosling walked into a scene?
  • There were some weird choices for camera shots.
  • A lot of the scenes in the beginning were very short.  It was hard to get involved in the film when they quickly moved from one story to another.
  • There were three different scenes that allegedly took place on different days but the characters all wore the same exact clothes.
  • There were a couple of inappropriate scenes involving minors.
  • Some of the story lines and character development didn't make sense.
Grade: C+ 

1 comment:

  1. I will have to disagree with you on one thing, Ryan Gosling. I have watched many of his flicks but his charisma and man swagger in this movie tops the charts. I even think he made me blush a few times....
    I will agree the other characters are, eeehh, but Mr. Gosling makes up for it all and some.

    ReplyDelete