Sunday, July 31, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger



What I liked:

  • The special effects were pretty cool.  Tiny Steve looked as real as big Steve.
  • Chris Evans played the all American super hero with conviction.
  • Stanley Tucci!
  • Tommy Lee Jones was entertaining as always.
  • Hugo Weaving was good as the villain.
  • The only female character was played by Hayley Atwell and she held her own against the guys.
  • Dominic Cooper was a good choice to play Howard Stark.
  • It was nice to see some familiar faces like Neal McDonough, Derek Luke, Toby Jones, and Sebastian Stan.
  • The action and story line were entertaining.
  • Stay through the credits to see clips from next year's Avenger movie.
What I didn't like:
  • There were some slow and boring parts.
  • If I am going to watch a movie about killing Nazis, I want to see Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Bastards.
Grade: B+  

1 comment:

  1. You don't give out many A's (which I can respect so I am excited that you gave Captain America a B+. Thanks for the review and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete