Thursday, June 21, 2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World



What I liked:

  • Steve Carell was great.  He made me believe in his character.  Reminded me how good Dan in Real Life was. 
  • Keira Knightley played her role well but it reminds me of every role that she has that isn't a period piece.
  • It had an interesting story line with some twists and turns that I don't think most people expect.
  • I liked that the characters expressed a variety of natural human responses after learning that the world was ending.
  • Great supporting cast: Nancy Carell, Mark Moses, Rob Huebel, Adam Brody, Connie Britton, Rob Corddry, Melanie Lynskey, Patton Oswalt, William Petersen, T.J. Miller, Gillian Jacobs, Derek Luke, and Martin Sheen.
  • Great music.  Vinyl records!
  • There is a very lovely and romantic moment.
  • I was very happy with the ending.

What I didn't like:
  • It has a terrible trailer.
  • While Carell and Knightley have some chemistry, their differences makes this friendship kind of hard to believe.
  • Besides having a cute name, the dog didn't seem necessary.
  • Oswalt only has 3 minutes of screen time?!

Grade: A- 

No comments:

Post a Comment