Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Les Misérables



What I liked:

  • It has a talented cast: Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Sacha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter, Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, and Samantha Barks.
  • The costume and set design was great.

What I didn't like:
  • It was 99% singing.  I needed more spoken word.
  • Had they spoke instead of sung, it might not have been 2 hours and 37 minutes long.
  • Crowe didn't fit the part.
  • Bark's waist is incredibly small.  It looked extremely disproportionate to the rest of her body.
  • I found it boring and slow.
  • During the solo songs, the camera was in the singer's face most of the time.  I would have liked for them to have pulled back to show the entire scene and mixed it up a bit.

Grade: C  













No comments:

Post a Comment