Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tower Heist



A poor man's Ocean's 11...

What I liked:
  • It has a great cast: Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Casey Affleck, Alan Alda, Matthew Broderick, Judd Hirsch, Téa Leoni, Michael Pena, Gabourey Sidibe, and Nina Arianda.

What I didn't like:
  • It took the first 40 minutes to get this movie going and then it still didn't go that great.
  • The storyline could have been better.  It's pretty ridiculous what the caper ends up being.
  • Murphy and Sidibe had some chemistry.  I wish they would have explored that instead of having us watch Murphy shimmy up an elevator shaft.
  • I could have done without Sidibe's fake Jamaican accent.

The audience that I screened this with seemed to enjoy the movie.  They really liked seeing Eddie Murphy on screen.  Having said that, it didn't really do a thing for me.

Grade - C

No comments:

Post a Comment