Friday, January 20, 2012

Red Tails



What I liked:

  • Lots of things blow up and the special effects were pretty good.
  • The in-flight fighting was cool.
  • There are a lot of good actors in it: Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr., Nate Parker, Tristan Wilds, Elijah Kelley, Leslie Odom Jr., David Oyelowo, Marcus T. Paulk, Michael B. Jordan, Andre Royo, Bryan Cranston, and Gerald McRaney.
  • The Wire represents: Bubbles, Wallace, and Michael!
What I didn't like:
  • The dialogue was horrible.  I really wanted this to be something great, like Saving Private Ryan but it didn't even come close.
  • I wish the story would have been more about their training and what made them so great.  The subplots were weak and generic.
  • The romance story line was ridiculous and cheapened the film.
  • Ne-Yo's accent was annoying.
  • Cuba's oral fixation with his pipe was irritating.  I think I only saw it actually smoking once or twice.  Otherwise is was a pointless prop.

Grade: C+ 



No comments:

Post a Comment