Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jack The Giant Slayer



What I liked:

  • I have been a fan of Nicholas Hoult since his About A Boy days.  Glad to see that he is working more.
  • Stanley Tucci is always enjoyable to watch.
  • Ewan McGregor's hair looked fantastic.
  • It also stars Elanor Teomlinson, Eddie Marsan, Ewen Bremner, Ian McShane,  and Bill Nighy.
  • It was directed by Bryan Singer.
  • Hoult had some great leather jackets including one very cool hoodie.

What I didn't like:
  • McGregor's acting is very stiff as to almost say "I am better than this".
  • Hoult's hair had no style to it and it bothered me greatly.
  • The special effects are hit or miss.
  • The ending could have been better...SPOILER ALERT...you can probably guess what happens at the end but here is what I think should have happened: When the General goes down, Isabelle should have taken the crown, not Jack.  She is the princess.  He is the farm boy.  She should have had first dibs.  Then she could have ruled all the lands and made her own rules, including that it is ok for royalty to marry a commoner.  I think it would have made for a more interesting twist. 

Grade: B- 









No comments:

Post a Comment