Friday, February 3, 2012

This Means War



What I liked:

  • There is eye candy galore: Chris Pine, Tom Hardy, and Reese Witherspoon are all lovely looking.
  • All three have chemistry together, especially the guys.  This helps make their friendship more believable.
  • Chelsea Handler was very funny.
  • The story was amusing and entertaining.
  • It has a decent soundtrack.  I enjoyed hearing "This is How We Do It" by Montell Jordan.
  • The set design for each character's home was interesting.  Lots of cool artwork.
  • I like that Pine's character made a reference to watching CHiPs, which stared his real life father, Robert Pine.
  • There is a humorous exchange in a video store that should make any single movie lover smile.
What I didn't like:
  • Pine's character's name is Franklin but everyone calls him FDR which I found annoying.
  • Hardy looks so small compared to Pine.  After seeing him in Warrior, I just assumed that he was a beast of a guy.
  • It's hard to feel bad for anyone since they are all so pretty, rich, and successful.
  • Angela Bassett - can't we find you better roles than this or this?
  • So even though the premise is ridiculous, I went with it and it was pretty good up until the end when the spy nonsense just went completely off the chart.

Grade: B+  

No comments:

Post a Comment