Wednesday, December 18, 2013

American Hustle



What I liked:
  • It has an amazing cast: Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Jeremy Renner, Louis C.K., Jack Huston, Michael Pena, Shea Whigham, and Elisabeth Rohm.
  • It has a great soundtrack.
  • Hair, make up and costumes were fantastic.
  • The story was interesting. 
  • Robert De Niro makes a cameo, if you want to call it that.

What I didn't like:
  • Jennifer Lawrence wasn't in it as much as I would have liked.  I also don't think that her performance is better than Julia Roberts in August: Osage County or June Squibb in Nebraska.  I am surprised that they are saying that she is the front runner for Best Supporting Actress.  She's great in this role but not up to that standard.

Grade: B+

1 comment:

  1. Entertaining. Great cast & sound track. Acting spot on. Would like to see it again when it comes out in DVD. I know I will see new things the second time around.

    ReplyDelete