Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Arthur



What I liked:
  • Ben Gibbard (from Death Cab for Cutie) had two new songs in it.
  • I liked Greta Gerwig in this movie.  (I was not a fan of her in Greenberg.)
  • Russell Brand plays a good man child.
  • Dermot Mulroney is on the soundtrack?!
What I didn't like:
  • It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.  The audience wasn't laughing much.  The entire thing just fell flat.
  • Brand can get annoying and it was hard to form any sympathy for his character.
  • Helen Mirren was not in it as much as I had hoped and she didn't have any spunk. 
  • Jennifer Garner was just ok.  She could have really vamped it up but failed to do so.  She had more pizazz in her 2 minute confrontation scene in Valentine's Day than she had in this entire movie. 

www.arthurthemovie.warnerbros.com
http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=4736 (for the soundtrack)

Grade: C



2 comments: