Sunday, June 23, 2013

Man of Steel



What I liked:

  • Henry Cavill is now in the running to be the sexiest man alive.  Looks aside, he played Superman well with a balance of emotions and reason.
  • Michael Shannon is amazing in everything.
  • It has a great supporting cast: Diane Lane, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Ayelet Zurer, Laurence Fishburne, Richard Schiff, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix and Carla Gugino.
  • Well done special effects.

What I didn't like:
  • I didn't like Amy Adams in the role of Lois Lane.  It just didn't work for me.
  • They rushed the relationship between Lois and Clark so the things that happen with them aren't believable to me.
  • I wasn't a fan of the way that they told the story.  Lots of jumping around between the past and present.
  • There is a lot of destruction of the human world.  Many peoples' lives lost.
  • The end battle scene is a major spoiler so I won't give it away.  I will say that it does not follow the comic book story and I struggle with wondering if it was the right direction to go in.


Grade: B-













No comments:

Post a Comment