Thursday, December 16, 2010

Black Swan



I had to ponder this one for a little bit. It’s not that I didn’t like the movie; it’s just that it takes you to a deep, dark place and I needed a little time to process it all. This is not a movie for everyone. It may confuse you. It may scare you. It may make you uncomfortable. It may blow your mind.

What I liked:

  • Natalie Portman was amazing. She played this issue ridden character so well that she is my top choice for an Oscar for Best Actress. 
  •  The way that the story was told was very creative. 
  • Darren Aronofsky did a wonderful job directing. 
  •  Mila Kunis, Vincent Cassel, Barbara Hershey, and Winona Ryder all played fantastic supporting roles. 
  •  The special effects were very cool.

What I didn’t like:

  • I felt that the music was more of a spoiler alert instead of a compliment to a scene. I always knew when something was up based on the musical selection.


Grade: A

4 comments:

  1. is this a movie UB would like or should I go with girlfriends?

    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you guys see Precious? It's dark like that...but not in the same way. This might be a girlfriend thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall it was a good movie. The first half was a little slow for me but I can look past that. I didn't think the movie was that confusing. There are some parts that you never get an answer to but that's the point. Coming up with your own conclusions is more interesting than it being spelled out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I saw the movie but it's one that I'll remember. Great acting, directing, special effects, and more. A+

    ReplyDelete