Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Tourist




I don’t get the allure of Angelina Jolie and I don’t swoon over Johnny Depp. However, even if this movie had two of my favorite actors in it, I still wouldn’t find the appeal in it.

What I liked: The supporting actors all did well. Angelia’s wardrobe was nice.

What I didn’t like: 1st The storyline was just ok. The trailer makes this looked action packed but it’s not. 2nd Every time the camera was on Angelina, it felt like she was trying to say “Look at me. I am the most beautiful woman in the world.” 3rd The chemistry between Angelina and Johnny was nonexistent. They just seemed to be fighting over who was the prettier one in the scene. 4th The special effects were horrible. Most of the nighttime scenes in the water seemed like the borrowed the water tank from Baywatch.

Don’t get me wrong, I like spy/fun capper type movies. Ocean’s 11 is great. The Tourist just never comes together for me.

Grade: D

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with YHG's review.
    I just found it annoying. Why was it that everytime Angelina walked into any scene everyone turned and watched her walk by? It got really old realy fast.
    The relationship between Depp' and Jolie's characters were non-existent and when she mouths "I love you" when she has yet to find out who Frank is was hysterical and confusing. Overall I think the movie was poorly directed with two highly paid actors. The movie didn't produce or satisfy any expectation. If you are stuck on a plane for 4 hours with nothin better to do . . . sure. Not if you are looking to watch a a good solid movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete