Friday, December 31, 2010

The Town



What I liked: Ben Affleck is a triple threat. Not only did he act in it, but he also wrote and directed it. Rebecca Hall did a wonderful job although I didn't agree with her character (see more below). Jeremy Renner and Chris Cooper were great as usual, just wished that they had bigger roles. Jon Hamm was not Don Drapper like. Titus Welliver, aka the Man in Black!

The story was interesting and was a fun ride to be on.

What I didn't like: I didn't understand Rebecca Hall's character. She made some weird choices for a person who went through what she went through. I also didn't care for Blake Lively. Say what you will, but I don't think that this girl can act.

Grade: A-

Look for it on DVD.

http://thetownmovie.warnerbros.com/dvd/

2 comments:

  1. Watching this on the flight back. Blake Lively, awe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants maybe she just needs to make a 3rd.
    I can never go wrong with a Ben Affleck movie but I will try to put that aside while watching.
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, she wasn't that great in the Sisterhood either! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete