Sunday, December 5, 2010

Love and Other Drugs

I am not posting the trailer for this movie because it will give you a false impression of what this movie is like.  The trailer is full of fluff and laughs and the movie is much more then that.  It’s dark, thought provoking, and romantic.   

Earlier reviews said that it was a downer, and while there are sad and depressing parts, the overall messages in the movie are very interesting.  Hopefully after watching this movie, you will think about all that you have in your life and be grateful for it all.

What I liked:










Two beautiful and talented actors.  The chemistry between Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway is so very natural.  I hope they work together again.  I also enjoyed the main plot and all of the interesting sub-plots.  This movie will get you thinking about prescription drugs, the heath care system, priorities, love, dedication, and hope.

What I didn’t like: The brother’s story didn’t make sense to me.  That character could have been developed better. Also, the movie is just shy of two hours but there were a few spots that seem to drag on forever.

Grade: B+


No comments:

Post a Comment