Thursday, December 1, 2011

Young Adult



What I liked:

  • The characters were real.  You will recognize a piece of someone that you know in these characters.  You may even see yourself.  There is something to be said for characters that you can relate to.
  • Solid acting by the cast: Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Patrick Wilson, and Elizabeth Reaser.

What I didn't like:

  • Since this was written by Diablo Cody, I was expecting funny, clever, witty dialogue similar to what Juno had.  YA did not have this.  I did not laugh or smirk once and only a few members of the audience laughed and they were at scenes that have been playing in the trailer.
  • The story is depressing and frustrating.  I wish there was one character that would have said to everyone else, "What are you doing?!"

Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment