Thursday, December 8, 2011

War Horse



What I liked:

  • Loki!  F.Scott Fitzgerald!  Tom Hiddleston!
  • Jeremy Irvine did an excellent job for his first film.
  • The story was kind of interesting in that it had layers that kept on building.
  • Beautiful scenery.
  • The horses did a great job acting.
What I didn't like:
  • The lighting was off for me.  The scenes had shades of light but then very dark shadows.  My friend says that we were just watching it in an old theater with a bad screen.  I believe it was actually shot that way.  Someone please let me know what it looks like on a new digital screen.
  • There are scenes of animal cruelty, so animal lovers, beware.
  • It's almost 2.5 hours long.
  • There is nothing really wrong with this film, I just didn't love it.

Grade: B 

No comments:

Post a Comment