Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hall Pass



What I liked:
  • Tyler Hoechlin.  Oh my.  Look how you have grown up since 7th Heaven.  Seeing you for your 5 minutes of screen time makes up for looking at Owen Wilson for 105 minutes.
  • Kathy Griffin.  I love your style and sense of humor.
  • Alyssa Milano.  Wish they would have given you a bigger role instead of bigger boobs.
  • Christina Applegate is just lovely.
  • Jason Sudeikis is fearless.  Is there nothing that this man won’t do or say?
  • Richard Jenkins!
  • There were some very funny parts.  Even I can laugh/cringe at a good fart joke.

What I didn’t like:
  • Owen Wilson.  I’m just not a fan.
  • What was going on with Jenna Fischer?  She seemed uncomfortable in this role and it was hard to watch her act.  Not to mention that she had way too much spray tan on.
  • What was with Joy Behar?  I didn’t understand how the girls knew her or why they were friends.  The only point to her character was to plant the “hall pass” idea.  If they would have made her a neighbor or a co-worker or a TV talk show host, somehow it would have been more believable.
  • Richard Jenkins.  How far you have fallen since your 2009 Oscar nomination.  I guess everyone is hurting for work.

If you liked other movies written by the Farrelly Brothers (The Heartbreak Kid, Dumb and Dumberer, Shallow Hal, There’s Something About Mary) then you will like this film.  It has the same amount of raunchy jokes, nudity, and cheap laughs as their other films.  If those don’t appeal to you, this won’t appeal to you.  I will say, however, that this probably my favorite Farrelly movie.
Grade: B- (For a Farrelly Brothers movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment