Friday, February 18, 2011

I Am Number Four



I don’t know much about the Sci-fi/Alien/Comic book genre. Having said that….

What I liked:
  • Great Soundtrack. Kings of Leon, The Black Keys, Adele, The Temper Trap…
  • Timothy Olyphant!
  • Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron make a cute couple
  • A shout out to Bernie Kosar and the Cleveland Browns
  • It had some funny one liners.



What I didn’t like:
  • There needed to be more of a back-story to understand the history between the numbers and the bad guys.
  • The bad guys get laser guns and the good guys get glow in the dark daggers? How is that fair?
  • The bad guys have these creatures that can destroy everything in their sites yet they can’t break out from inside a metal trailer?

Now I am fortunate to get to see most of these movies with some friends who I shall refer to as my Movie Crew. From time to time, I will also include their thoughts and maybe have them appear as a Guest Blogger in an effort to get a well rounded opinion on a movie.

The Movie Crew had some strong opinions on this film. One referred to this film as something very similar to a Smallville episode. Apparently, E! also agrees. Another MC member hated this film. He though that the special effects were terrible, the story was predictable, and the entire plot was weak.

Like I said in the beginning, this type of movie is not one of my favorite genres so I didn’t have any expectations going into this film or anything to really compare it to. So for me, it was kind of entertaining. For someone who watches a lot of Sci-fi/Alien/Comic book movies, this may be a disappointment.

http://findnumberfour.com/

Grade: B-


No comments:

Post a Comment