Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rango



I am not a parent.  I don't even hang out with any little kids yet I feel that this movie is inappropriate for children under the age of 35.

What I liked:  The animation was great.



What I didn't like:

  • Everything points to this being a children's movie but it is not for kids.
  • It's slow, especially in the beginning.  I can't imaging a little kid wanting to sit still and watch this.
  • There are guns and the characters talk about having shot and killed other characters or will kill other characters.
  • It takes place in the wild, wild west where hangings are still allowed.  There is a scene where nooses can be seen swaying in the wind.  Then there is a scene where 4 birds are hanging from the nooses.  Granted, they are singing and not actually being hung, but I don't think it is a visual that a kid should see.
  • The words "hell" and "damn" are said.  It's only once but unnecessary for a kids' movie.
  • There's no musical dance number or even catchy songs to sing along to.  
  • Most of these animals are the ugliest animals that I have ever seen.
  • It's not even funny.
This story would have been better if it was a live action western marketed to adults and not children.


Grade: D (as a children's movie and possibly a B if it was a live action adult movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment