Friday, April 8, 2011

Hanna



What I liked:
  • Her name might be hard to say and spell but you will remember Saoirse Ronan.   She is such a fantastic actress for her age.  She played the perfect balance between trained killer and innocent child.
  • So far, the best opening scene of a film for 2011.
  • Fascinating storyline.  A great modern day thriller.
  • Just enough of Eric Bana.
  • Cate Blanchett was cold and calculating in a good way.  I could have done without the accent but her acting is top notch.
  • The score was perfect.  Kudos to The Chemical Brothers.
What I didn't like:
  • It might be a little confusing to know where in the world these people are and hard to believe that this girl can travel across the world with minimal issues.
  • It's rated PG-13 but it's pretty violent.  I still can't understand why The King's Speech gets an R rating and this is PG-13 but I digress...



Grade: A-

1 comment:

  1. Action and more. Saoirse Ronan, I'll never remember her name but I'll remember her acting, outstanding. Maybe a sequel, I hope.

    ReplyDelete