Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jumping the Broom



What I liked:

  • Bruno Mars - "Marry You"
  • Blythe and the Chef
  • Paula Patton is beautiful.
  • Angela Bassett still looks good.
  • I kept thinking that Fred Armisen was Brian Stokes Mitchell.

What I didn't like:

  • Every character had issues.  Issues, issues, issues.  It was too much.
  • Paul Patton's character was annoying.  
  • I know Romeo is 22 but he still looks 12.  Makes him and the cougar hard to watch.
  • Julie Bowen's character was the worst.  Not only was she the token white girl but they also made her extremely naive.  Looking at braids like she's never seen them before.  Milk Chocolate or Mocha?  Come on.  She's a wedding planner in Martha's Vineyard, you would think she would be a little more cultured.
  • The bride can't see the groom the night before the wedding but the morning of it is ok?
  • The storyline is just ridiculous.  They try to jam so many obstacles in a two day time period that it all feels rush and absurd.
I should note that I am not the target demographic for this movie.  Having said that, it still doesn't excuse annoying characters and silly story lines.  However, the audience around me loved it.  They were laughing, singing, and talking back to the screen.  Obviously they saw something that I couldn't.


http://www.jumpingthebroom-movie.com

Grade: D+

No comments:

Post a Comment