Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thor



What I liked:

  • Chris Hemsworth is a glorious man to look at for 2 hours.  Welcome to the big leagues, Chris. Looking forward to seeing you in The Avengers.
  • Anthony Hopkins was great casting to play Thor's father.
  • The CG effects were fantastic.
  • I found the story to be entertaining.
  • There is a good lesson to be learned in Thor's actions.
  • Natalie Portman was good but could have used more of her.
  • Tom Hiddleston played a great Loki.
  • Clark Gregg!
  • Jeremy Renner!
  • Foo Fighters - "Walk"
  • Stay until the end of the credits for a sneak peak at The Avengers.

What I didn't like:

  • I didn't feel the love connection between Jane and Thor.  It felt too rushed to be so serious so soon.
  • I liked Ray Stevenson but not his costume.  
  • Rene Russo felt like an odd choice.
  • Not enough Kat Dennings.
  • I saw it in 3D but again, it didn't really do anything for me.


http://thor.marvel.com

Grade: B+

1 comment:

  1. Just took a bit of time to look around your site, and I must say that I really like your style of writing as a critic. While I'm more traditional in writing your average thesis per film, I like how you are WAY more audience-friendly in focusing on the key like/dislike elements. You show your qualifications by offering worthy observations. Overall, great job! You've got yourself a follower on twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete