Sunday, April 10, 2011

Soul Surfer



What I liked:
  • Bethany is a great role model for kids.
  • Great casting.  Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid were the perfect parents.
  • AnnaSophia Robb did a great job.
  • The special effects were pretty good.  Only a few surfing shots looked fake.  The arm or lack there of looked real.
  • Helen Hunt's wardrobe was surfer chic.
  • Blast from the past: Kevin Sorbo, David Chokachi, and Branscombe Richmond.
  • Hawaii makes a beautiful backdrop.

What I didn't like:

  • Carrie Underwood's acting was annoying.  I know it was her first time so I will give her the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't over acting on purpose.
  • It was a little too cheesey for me but the overall message was good.

http://www.soulsurferthemovie.com


Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment