Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bridesmaids



What I liked:

  • Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph have great chemistry together.
  • A comedic Jon Hamm!  
  • Melissa McCarthy stole every scene that she was in.  She was no Molly or Sookie and that is a good thing!
  • 5 appearances of people from The Office.  Can you find them all?
  • I hate the character of Helen so much thanks to Rose Byrne's perfect portrayal.
  • Chris O'Dowd played a lovable guy next door.
  • The late, great Jill Clayburgh.
  • It was funny and smartly written.  
  • I liked that this was about 30 something year old women and not 20 year olds.  It gave the story a certain edge.
What I didn't like:
  • Wiig did one too many of her SNL impressions.
  • It started off kind of slow.
  • The timespan and city locations were a little confusing.

http://www.bridesmaidsmovie.com


Grade: B+

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the movie with a great review. I'd have to say I think I was expecting Bridesmaids to be a bit funnier. There were a couple of parts that couldn't make myself or the crowd around me laugh but they were trying really hard to make the scene funny. You are so right about Kristin Wiig's SNL character, let's not pretend she has more than one, did make a few appearances but overall I was pleasantly surprised by her. I'm usually not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa McCarthy is a natural comic. Loved her.
    Great writing and wonderful acting. Don't you know a few of these characters in your life. I do! Funny but sobering too.

    ReplyDelete