Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Midnight in Paris



Brush up on your 1920's art and literature before seeing this whimsical film.

What I liked:

  • Paris in the 1920's is a beautiful thing.  I only wish that I knew more of the key players.
  • I am not an Owen Wilson fan but I liked him in this role.
  • Marion Cotillard is just stunning.
  • While some of the content went over my head, I could still appreciate the concept and enjoyed the story immensely.
  • The set design and costumes were beautiful.
  • Adrian Brody!
  • Loki!

What I didn't like:

  • Not enough of Michael Sheen.
  • What was with Inez's belt obsession? 


http://www.sonyclassics.com/midnightinparis/

Grade: A














1 comment:

  1. Could have done without Owen Wilson. The whole "Wow, Picaso. Wow, Hemingway. Wow, Getrude Stein." Got old really quick. Although it would be shocking and intriguing to meet them today, the shock value was over played. Other than that, a great whimsical journey. Thanks for the opportunity to watch it :)

    ReplyDelete