Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Dilemma



I wasn’t expecting much from this movie but since it was a Ron Howard/Brian Grazer film, I had hope. That being said…

What I liked:

  • The Black Keys had two songs featured in the film.
  •  I am not a big Jennifer Connelly fan but I liked her in this.
  • There was just the right amount of Kevin James. I am not a fan so a little goes a long way.
  • There was an amusing scene where the Vince Vaughn’s character is asking people their opinions on when to tell a friend that his girl is cheating on him. Vaughn’s character uses the Chicago Bulls as an example and says something like “If Noah found out that Derek Rose’s girl was cheating on him, should Noah tell him?” Someone asked “is it the playoffs?” This made me think of the LBJ/Gloria/D. West/Game 5 rumors so I couldn't help but laugh.


What I didn’t like:

  • For a comedy, it wasn't funny. Some people in the audience laughed, but besides for the basketball comment, I found no humor in it.
  • The storyline was frustrating.
  • Winona Ryder was annoying.
  • The stylist must have been blind. They put Vaughn in all of these drab suits that did not look good on him. He has a beer belly. You don’t have him button his suit jacket. It just makes it worse.
  • Channing Tatum was all over the place and had some weird hair thing going on. It was hard to even see him as a nice piece of eye candy.
  • Queen Latifah’s character was over the top and not in a good way.


Grade: D


http://thedilemmamovie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment