Saturday, January 1, 2011

The King's Speech



What I liked: And the Oscar goes to....Colin Firth. Firth is outstanding in this film. He took this role to an emotional level that I wasn't expecting. It helped that he had a wonderful supporting actor to play off of. Geoffrey Rush was excellent. I am having a hard time deciding if the Best Supporting Actor Oscar should go to him or Christian Bale. It's a tight race.  I am also having a hard time deciding if The King's Speech or The Social Network will win Best Picture.  I love them both, just in different ways.

What I didn't like:  This movie is rated R for language.  Firth says a few swear words in some speech exercises.   That's it.  That's B.S.  Our rating system is distorted.  And since that is the only negative thing about this movie...

Grade: A+


1 comment: