Friday, June 17, 2011

The Art of Getting By



I'll keep this short, just like the movie...
What I liked:

  • Freddie Highmore is the best thing about this film.  He portrays his character's transformation so well and quite often, without even speaking at all.
  • It has a rocking soundtrack.
  • Alicia Silverstone!
What I didn't like:
  • Emma Roberts was just ok.  Her performance was kind of flat.
  • The story never really develops into anything meaningful.
  • Is it really that easy for underage kids to get alcohol in NYC?
  • I had a hard time seeing Michael Angarano as the brooding older artists.  He has such a baby face!
  • Does looking at Rita Wilson make anyone else feel like you are looking into Jennifer Aniston's future?  I see a major resemblance.
Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment